Most Useful Life Hacks
List of most useful life hacks:
- If you download a “PDF” file and you see it ends in “.exe” delete it. It’s a virus.
- If the WIFI at an airport/hotel costs money, add “.?jpg” at the end of any URL ( they usually don’t redirect images)
- If you want to download a YouTube video, just add “ss” to the URL between www. and YouTube.
- Accidentally close a Word file without saving? No auto-save either? Search .asd into file explorer under “my/this pc”. The document will be there. Windows has you back !
- How to make an essay longer: Hit CTRL+ F, search “.” and change the font size of the periods to 12 to 14. They look the exact same, but will make you paper significantly longer !
- Highlight a selection in Word and hit shift + F3 to make it all caps or all lowercase.
- When you copy something from the Internet use CTRL+SHIFT+V to paste it. This will prevent the text from formatting.
- Save your PowerPoint presentations as a “PowerPoint Show” ( .ppsx ) and it will open directly to the slideshow.
- Hit alt and click on any Google image to have it automatically saved to your computer.